Thanks for coming by. My name is Timothy Morris and I am excited to have you visit my virtual home.
By writing this blog I intend to hep you grow as a leader and a learner always pushing toward excellence. I love to lead and help others become all they are designed to be. I intentionally use any vehicle that I can to influence people. I want to help others lead and gain joy in their lives. I am always learning and attempting new things to provide me with more platforms to use toward this end. This site is my virtual laboratory to influence others toward growth and excellence. In the Tenets I Practice you will find my main values and what drives me while I write each week.
Before earning my Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership I was able to serve as in the United States Marines for four years. As a Corporal and a Sergeant I was given plenty of opportunities to learn and lead. At points I seemed to stumble through it but with the help of the Marines a few steps ahead of me and those by my side I was able to walk away with so much. After leading in multiple units and multiple combat zones I learned through both failure and success.
What you will find here.
- Family. I love my family and after only being married a few years and now being a father, I am learning as I run this road. While loving it, I learn from consistent stumbling and try to share what I am learning.
- Leadership. I am a continual student of leadership and you will find multiple articles and blog entries on leadership and all of its subcategories.
- Life. I live life hard, fast and on purpose. This includes friends, faith, food, family, fitness, fun and all entrepreneurial pursuits.
- Travel. I love to travel locally, nationally, and globally. While I have currently traveled to 42 states and over 35 countries my goal is to reach all 50 states and at least 100 countries. I try to recommend anything that I can regarding travel. My favorite cities and cultures, places and things to do, as well as food and where to get it.
- Business. To start an online business before I turn 30 that provides consistent income streams.
- Book. Make available my first book through this site by Thanksgiving 2010.
- Speaking. Begin speaking engagements on the topics of leadership and intentional influence.
I understand that some people may look at this and say, “Tim, there are only 3 goals listed.” Let me explain why. First I would rather be able to focus on a few goals hard then a dozen sporadically and these are the ones that scare me the most.
People always make statements – Few Take Action.
I have learned that the intentional part of leadership is what really sets people apart from everything else that people focus on. There are only a few people who are wary of setting goals or even agree that they are valuable to have. There are a few things that keep people from taking action that I have discovered and at times have paralyzed me.
- Fear. Though obvious most of these fears I have found to be things that we would not readily articulate. Some are common like fear of failure but many need to be uncovered before action can take place.
- Information. Most people who fear failure have the wrong understanding of its definition. Next to that, most of the things that paralyze people can simply be learned with a little effort and focus.
- Perspective. While it is true that information can change your perspective, I believe there are many people who see just do not see what needs to be done.
- Excuses. This category takes care of everything else. It is all the things that we understand and yet still state as obstacles to taking action in areas that we need to do so.
Your Next Step…TAKE ACTION!
I would appreciate it if you would sign up for my free tips on leadership. You will receive excellent content every week as I publish here on the site. You can do so in the top right of this page.
Thank you for reading and I encourage you to Take Action not just make Statements!